Our client is currently searching for an exceptional senior level sales executive to join our team to sell outsourced community development services to municipal government. They are the recognized leader in this unique, fast growth industry with the broadest array of services, national footprint and reputation for unequaled service quality. As VP of BD you will be responsible for leading our national sales team to generate sales and profitable revenue through new logo contracts and up selling existing clients on new services. In addition, you will be a key member of the leadership team engaged in all aspects of the business and strategy to grow the company.
• Exceed sales and revenue targets as assigned to achieve year over year profitable growth.
• Work with regional leaders to develop national, regional and local sales plans and strategies that results in a healthy, qualified pipeline, high win rates, large deals sold and expanding client relationships.
• Develop and execute organic growth strategies for the suite of services and markets, as well, integrate sales and service offerings of acquired firms.
• Attract and retain top sales talent to build and maintain the industry’s best sales organization with deep technical knowledge of the industry, services and selling outsourced solutions to government.
• Manage the national sales team leveraging sales and sales management best practices, processes and technologies to optimize their effectiveness and efficiencies.
• Build a qualified pipeline of new logo opportunities by prospecting, networking across municipalities, building department openings, utilizing trade organizations, advisors and 3rd party partners.
• Establish our client and yourself as a credible, trusted advisor on community development services.
• Create and present market and competitively differentiated solutions that our client can profitably deliver and support by working closely with operations and all departments in our client
• Build on our clients culture to be a very positive, client-intimate, proactive work environment that is fun.
• Provide feedback to management to improve the success of sales, solutions, pricing and go to market.
• Maintain sales and client databases and provide reporting and forecasting as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• Positive, high-energy hunter that is a collaborative and team-oriented leader. • 10+ years in sales management of national sales teams selling complex outsourced services sales, with a consistent track record of success, preferably to government. • Recognized leader with deep knowledge and experience implementing sales and sales management best practices, processes and technologies to improve pipeline quality, win-rates, and revenue booked. • 15+ years of professional, new logo sales experience in complex business to government or B2B. • Deep experience and highly effective in complex, relationship-based outsourcing sales that can have long sales cycles (12+ months).
• Municipal (City / County) government experience and deep network of contacts, politically connected and solid understanding of jurisdictional environments including the decision-making process, political dynamics, municipal structure, and building department operations is a plus. • Knowledge of construction, building/community development work and industry (from planning & zoning, engineering, plan reviews, inspections, code enforcement for residential and commercial) is a plus. • Establish and maintain effective working relationships and build trust with employees, professionals, clients, outside agencies and the public. Strong team player. • Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing for effective presentations and proposals. • Characterized as highly resourceful, innovative, proactive with highest integrity
If you are interested in this opportunity, please let me know!
Managing Partner I Integrated Search Solutions Group
P-516-767-3030 I C-516-445-2377
ISSG I Twitter I LinkedIn