The Payroll Tax Senior Manager is responsible for the oversight of all payroll tax processes Federal, State, and Local and will be responsible for Corporate Payroll Stock Accounting.
- Manage the payroll tax team in delivering customer service, including responding to inquiries related to payroll from our client, properties, workers and various internal departments
- Ensure payroll tax compliance, including tax deposits, filings, and reconciliations to the general ledger are accurate and completed in a timely manner
- Monitor tax law changes and partner with client on interpretation and implementation.
- Oversee all tax filings for Fed, State and Local jurisdictions, provides recommendation to the client based on tax changes and publications.
- Responsible for all payroll tax and stock accounting for all US based properties and US corporate offices.
- Collaborate in development, testing, and troubleshooting of all system changes with the client, IT, etc. as it relates to payroll tax
- Implement continuous process improvement to include the adoption of best practices, and updating standard operating procedures accordingly
- Engage with senior management and be the subject matter expert for payroll and payroll tax-related matters, expatriates, 1099 reporting matters, payroll general ledger mapping/reporting.
- Ensure the proper controls and procedures are in place, documented and followed as well as working with internal audit in testing the effectiveness of the controls
- Minimum of 6 years of Payroll and Payroll Tax (state, local, federal) experience
- Minimum of 4 years of supervisory experience
- Understanding of Stock Taxation
- Experience with payroll tax and accounting, both federal and state fillings working knowledge.
- Experience with taxability rules for various states.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to communicate with senior management.
- Exposure to benefits plans and an understanding of the complete payroll process (health and welfare and/or pension plans).
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or ADP
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Knoxville, Tennessee
Compensation: Attractive base compensation and incentive plan
If you are interested or know someone who might be, please let me know
Larry Janis, email@example.com