Responsible for steering growth across strategic relationships.
Reporting to Practice Growth Leaders, the VP of Account Management is charged with maintaining and generating new business opportunities within an existing account portfolio of strategic P&C clients – carriers and brokers. This individual is responsible for strengthening the existing relationships, understanding the common industry problems and business challenges are clients aim to address and position the full range of P&C’s capabilities in across domain, data, analytics, solutions and digital, mapped to the clients’ strategic objectives, to expand revenue within the assigned portfolio carrier and broker accounts. A consultative approach is necessary in which the VP is able to understand the key drivers of each client stakeholder develop an efficient strategy for presenting the value proposition that ultimately expands upon the overall value delivered and further strengthens the partnership. Position is an individual contributor role and requires deep understanding of the insurance market, industry challenges and emerging data and tech solutions.
- Manage key clients and work with operations/service delivery Managers to deliver on annual revenue and gross margin goals and ensure client satisfaction by fostering and building deep partnerships with clients that result in growth of existing products and services and cross selling of additional offerings
- Build and nurture a strong network and connect with CxOs in the assigned portfolio
- Orchestrate an external partnership network to deliver best in class solutions to client problems
- Account Expansion:
- Invests time in developing a deep understanding of the client’s strategy and critical business challenges and maps this to a detailed account plan to expand existing services
- Identifies opportunities for growth through increased penetration of existing and new product offerings, competitive displacement and process improvement within portfolio
- Meets or exceeds assigned revenue targets; achieves budgeted revenue and gross margins goals for the business
- Employs a highly disciplined approach to managing end-to-end sales process and pipeline within Salesforce CRM
- Account Maintenance:
- Primary liaison with the key business sponsors at clients, develop and maintain key relationships, discern key strategic goals and plans of clients, and be the voice of the customer within our client
- Set up and run, together with operations, regular Monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews with clients
- Develop and expand relationships within clients, to understand client pain points, needs, goals and strategic vision
- Performance – Ensure creation of and monitor monthly/quarterly published metrics, SLAs, and KPIs, discuss any deviances / concerns with internal areas (GMs / Operations / IT / Engagement Management / Compliance) and escalate internally as needed, communicate any resulting issues to client
- Handle, with General Counsel, amendments to SOWs for changes in business terms
- Internally: identify, partner with, and cultivate relationships with stakeholders across functions and levels, including product team, General Managers, solutions and front-office leadership team, to form a strong, mutually supportive, efficient, and effective business team. Bring customer needs to GMs and Product team, to encourage development of offerings that are relevant to and needed by the market.
- Externally: establish, build, and maintain strong relationships with all client stakeholders, from day-to-day procurement to C-Suite, and develop and execute on account plans to ensure growth in accounts to meet goals for revenue and gross margin.
Performance And Success Metrics
- Solution focused (not product focused) individual with an ability to leverage expertise with questions
- Ability to define a value proposition to the client in a way that enables the client to visualize working with our to improve business performance, solve a problem or satisfy a critical business
- Experience in consulting at the executive level, including conducting client needs assessments and linking supplier capabilities to business needs
- Establish pipeline of key sales opportunities within defined portfolio
- Incremental, multi-year profitable revenue growth within defined markets
- At least 10 years of experience in sales/relationship management within the insurance industry, with a history of execution and overachieving sales targets
- Proven experience executing large, complex, deals through the sales cycle into a variety of stakeholders, including large complex carrier or broker organizations.
- Deep understanding of Policy and Claim Operations, Analytics and Digital Operations/BPS.
- Strong understanding of underwriting and claim principles and cost drivers, and fluent with the changing landscape of insurance process delivery
- Ability to change course quickly when needed and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, graduate degree preferred
Larry Janis, Managing Partner I Integrated Search Solutions Group