Scope of Position:
Are you a Finance Professional with a real passion for Project Management?
- You will be responsible for end to end Project Management including Chartering, Resource Planning, Budgeting, Sponsor and Executive Committee Review, Planning, Execution and Project Closure.
- Diverse array of projects from tactical to strategic including cost reductions, operational improvements, PeopleSoft/SAP deployments, Shared Service integration’s, ERP upgrades, business process design and new functional process/technology introductions.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Run effective and efficient project management processes to drive good work prioritization and resource allocation decisions. Leading project resources to achieve project deliverables
- Craft project charters, project plans, resource plans, cost estimates
- Reviews project spend budget and forecast variances to identify areas for action.
- Provide regular project updates to Sponsor, Steerage, and PMO’s and raise issues as appropriate to ensure timely and effective resolution
- Document and track activities, scope changes and lessons learned
- Ensure projects are delivered within timeline, budget and deliverables are met.
- May be asked to lead multi-million dollar projects or multiple smaller scope projects depending on portfolio and business needs
Travel Requirements: 25-50% domestic/international travel possible depending on project(s) assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Project management work experiences.
- Work with multiple groups and cross function team experiences.
- Demonstrate Project Management skills and experiences
- Operational Improvement Experience
- Functional business experience (Finance, Procurement, HR, IT…)
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and/or Project. Uses these tools to work more efficiently and reduce time.
- Problem Solving, Analytical skills, Extraordinary Follow Through
- Demonstrates initiative and effectively handles self and team through a demanding environment
- Multi-Tasking – Ability to manage multiple priorities/activities
- Understanding of Shared Services Operations and Functional processes (Finance, HR, Procurement, etc.)
- Functional understanding of PeopleSoft and/or SAP systems
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Green Belt certification
- Strong Organization Skills, Process Rigor, Attention to Detail, Responsive
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills needed to brief high level management
- Leadership skills to engage business leadership and use talent in a matrix organization
- Additional Leadership Skills: Influencing, Motivating, Change Champion, Adaptable,
- Sense of urgency and creativity to handle project issues and adapt plan to meet objectives
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environment; be a change agent to help others through change
- Cross-cultural Sensitivity
- Customer Focus with emphasis on exceptional project delivery
- Highly Collaborative
If this could be of interest , please let us know
Larry Janis, Email: Janis@issg.net
Managing Partner I Integrated Search Solutions Group