Our client is seeking a VP of Sales for their expanding Payer Mid-market and Blues sales team. The Hunter (VP of Sales) will be responsible to execute strategies for getting new logos/adding new clients to the portfolio as well as effectively manage existing client relationships at the appropriate level, facilitating delivery in the account set up stage. Also, Hunter is responsible for achieving the assigned annual revenue quota from new clients by actively managing the named accounts and managing revenue targets assigned.
General Sales Process Responsibilities:
- Prospecting – Able to identify and develop relationships with new prospects for the purpose of business development
- Lead and opportunity qualification
- Adjust content of sales presentations and demonstrate products as required.
- Understand and demonstrate how our solutions can help clients achieve their goals.
- Give sales presentations both live and virtually.
- Develop sales proposals closely supported by the wider solutions team.
- Collaborate with team to propose and win new business.
- Timely forecasting, internal reporting (call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly results)
- Utilize and update Sales Force in a timely manner.
The daily activities of the Hunter role will include:
- Target new logos to sell full set of services
- Develop specific sales plans for each named account so they can maintain business and where possible increase the sales volume
- Work to increase revenue by identifying additional products to complement what is currently sold to the existing customer base
- Generate growth through new account penetration and referral and direct efforts towards building sales
- Translate clients’ strategic requirements into enabled solutions to improve their business results
- Work with others internally to achieve better results and forge close working relationships and alliances in order to get things done for the client
- Be able to handle multiple accounts
- Be required to work with the Prospective/New Client Team to achieve revenue growth and profitability targets
- Position as a strategic partner, trusted advisor and value-creator to clients
- Stay on top of information needed by prospective customers in an effort to serve as a resource
- Demonstrate patience and a willingness to repeat or reinforce ideas and information until the customer understands
- Seek to provide an appropriate solution by understanding what the customer is trying to accomplish
- Change the sales approach or solution to accommodate the customer versus force fit the customer to an existing model
- Understand the financial impact of developments on the industry and company
- Orchestrate services into solutions that meet client’s business objectives, while delivering measurable results
- Drive the creation and execution of new account plans
- Work closely with Delivery teams to meet and exceed client expectations, and resolve relationship and/or operations issues in a timely manner for new clients
- Participate in client visits, industry events, trade shows, conferences and/or other marketing events as necessary.
- Effectively and proactively managed client’s expectations, built deep client partnerships, and developed excellent communication and executive presence to connect at all levels in the organization.
- Experience in mining long term complex multimillion dollar accounts, services or solutions and adding new accounts
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively at the C-level to build meaningful internal and external relationships.
- Broad functional knowledge within the sector and able to connect with a variety of executive level stakeholders on their specific pain-points.
- Strong consultative sales process and operations skills (pipeline management, forecasting, budgeting, etc.)
- Strategically minded and able to create a consultative and solution-minded sales environment.
- A forward & innovative thinker constantly focused on shaping the organization to meet and anticipate both near and long-term business issues
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural, global environment.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, graduate degree a plus.
- Preferably MBA
- 10+ years of experience in solution-consultative sales and account management
- 10+ Years of experience in the Payer (Health Insurance) Industry
If you are interested or know someone who might be please let me know
Larry Janis, Managing Partner I Integrated Search Solutions Group