Our Client: is a $10b North American information technology (IT) management and business process services (BPS) company with 31,000 employees in over 125 offices worldwide. It operates 15 delivery centers in theUS,Canada, Europe, and Asia.
Role and Responsibilities: The Service Delivery Director – Network is responsible for global network engineering and operations, including the configuration, operations, support, and optimization of all customer delivery networks. The Director reports to the VP Operations and is responsible for leading and developing the global operations professional staff. The position is also responsible for integrating new customers onto the network and ensuring that service level targets are met.
- Direct responsibility for global network operations, ensures SLA’s, financial targets, and management objectives are consistently met or exceeded
- Leads and manages performance of the Service Management and Networking teams; coaches, counsels, motivates as indicated
- Identifies opportunities for ongoing consolidation, virtualization, and efficiency based improvements.
- Collaborate with Solution Architect teams to ensure the appropriate support model and costs are applied to all equipment and services.
- Collaborates with other IT operations teams in the design and
implementation of processes which enhance the stability of IT and business operations.
- Develops and recommends IT Operations policies, standards and procedures for adoption and implementation.
- Solves problems related to installation, implementation, maintenance, and operations of client infrastructure
- Assess proposed IT Infrastructure Solutions, identifies gaps and opportunities for business development and revenue growth
- Manages budget preparation, development and forecasts
- Prepares Proposals for Investments (Capital Projects) and Operational Expenses
- Evaluates new products and advises Vendor Management on hardware/software selection
- Communicates daily with IT Senior Executives, VP’s, internal and external customers
- Understands the importance of both the SOX compliance and SSEA16 audits. Insures that the team meets all requirements
Qualifications: Significant operational and management experience required; must have direct experience with managing global network operations, teams, and customers. Direct and full understanding of the evolving outsourcing market, especially over the last 10 years.
- Strong leader, project manager and collaborator; innovative problem solver
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including presentations to senior management, customers, client executives and sales teams
- Results-oriented self-starter – ability to take action and produce desired outcomes with little direction
- Demonstrated strategic thinker comfortable with both the big picture as well as technical and operational details
- Experience in successfully employing creative approaches to assess business/technical opportunities and to solve business/technical problems
- Fluent with financial management concepts, processes and tools (accruals, forecasts, P&L, etc.)
- Effective and professional organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated leadership of professional and technical teams; proven people management capabilities, including training and development, relationship building and negotiations
- Ability to work outside of comfort zone
- Ability to comprehend and address the customer’s issues from both a business and a technical perspective
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in IT, Business or related field
- Strong working knowledge of Cisco, Fortinet, and Telco procedures
- Broad knowledge of complex IT infrastructure components (Networks, Data Centers, End user devices, etc.)
- Complete understanding of key operations processes including incident, change, configuration, capacity, service continuity and troubleshooting, ITIL experience/knowledge a plus
- Broad experience with monitoring and reporting platforms and procedures (system availability, performance, capabilities metrics)
Personal Characteristics: The ideal candidate is able to operate successfully in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Energy and stamina are essential to this role as the demands of the outsourcing bid process generally require extended work schedules.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Assumes total responsibility for work assigned and delivers on commitments
- Takes ownership of problems and/or issues and ensures timely resolution
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement of the computing environment
- Is able to respond quickly and adapt to changes in priorities driven by a dynamic marketplace
- Persuasive executive presence with strong positive oral and written communication skills
- Strong achievement orientation and demonstrable entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong interpersonal skills with professional and technical staff, senior level executives, and the business community at large.
- Positive, results oriented style, evidenced by listening, motivating, delegating, influencing, and monitoring the work being done
- Extremely high level of energy, sense of urgency, creativity, and decisiveness coupled with the ability/willingness to work hard and well under pressure
- Engaging/open interpersonal style complemented by the analytical pragmatism necessary to quickly dissect highly complex issues
- Ability to establish immediate credibility among his/her peers, a professional who is respected for his/her intelligence and technical expertise
- Strong affinity for detail and analysis; ability to develop complex and exacting technical solutions and supporting financial models
- Passion for excellence and the desire to have a significant impact on his/her clients’ businesses, the success of the outsourcing practice and the organization as a whole
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character who demonstrates high moral and ethical behavior
Compensation: Base salary, profits sharing and excellent benefits.
If this opportunity is of interest, please contact Jeff Bruckner; Bruckner@issg.net or call(973) 761-5613